Restoration & extension of medieval house, Hampshire
This property is a Grade II* listed timber-framed manor house dating back to 1444. ADAM Architecture was commissioned to coordinate the restoration of the property, removing nineteenth and twentieth century over-dressing on the façade, uncovering earlier phases of the building beneath, and adding a new rear extension. Following archaeological investigation and historical analysis, one of the earliest examples of brickwork in Hampshire was restored and a rare oriel window uncovered on site was reassembled and reinstated.
Designed by Nigel Anderson